May 23, 2013

Review: BA Star Natural Shadow Palette


I have been on a hiatus for a while, but I am slowly getting back on track with my blog. Some of you might have forgotten me, but it's okay. Now it's time to know me again once more. 

Today, I will be reviewing a natural eye shadow palette from BA STAR that I received through BrandBacker. They are one of the most known makeup brand for performers and competitors such as cheerleaders, stage performer & ice skating. Well, I never heard of BA STAR before because I am not a performing artist in any point of my life. 

There are hits and misses to this palette. Read on for a full review and see if you like this palette.

(Retails $8.75)

The BA STAR Natural Shadow Palette includes of three mineral shades: Bronze, Cocoa & Nude and two gel glitter: Gold & Crystal. The palette also came with a double applicator. I really hate both end of the applicator because of its poor quality. The eye shadows on the other hand are not bad at all. 


Even without an eye shadow primer, the shadow still shows so it's not lacking in pigmentation in my opinion. The three mineral shadows are great for everyday look, but the gel glitters on the other hand is just not my thing. I think if you are a performer and want an extra pop in your makeup look, you can try dabbing some gel glitter on top of the powder shadow. 


The neutral shades has somewhat of a smooth and creamy texture. The gel glitter on the other hand had a different texture, an oily texture. It is better to dab some with your fingers and gently tap it on the mineral shadow. I hate gel glitters because it can irritates my eyes as I am a contact lenses wearer. Sometimes, if you are not careful some of the glitter can get into your eyes. This time, I don't have a problem with the glitter coming off after it is dried.


I just wish the neutral shades are more matte. To me, it had a shiny satin finish, which it's not too much of a problem, but I prefer matte matte shade. 


Removing the shadows was fairly easy, but the glitter was not at all easy to get off. Just be patient and the stubborn glitters will slowly get off. 



Overall, this is not a bad palette at all. I can see myself wearing the earth tone shade for an everyday look. 

Now you can try the palette at a lower price! Just enter BBSMOKY to receive 50% discount at BA STAR website.

What do you think?

DISCLAIMER: The product(s) mentioned in this post were provided by the manufacturer for review consideration. Read full disclosure here.

5 comments:

  1. Nice palette, all shades and glitters look very good!


    http://makeupdemon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it's a not bad palette at all:)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back! The palette looks really good. I like the colors and the shimmer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous pallete
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...